Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Time I Got Banked

“Everything  that  goes  around  come  around”  I  learned  the  true  meaning  of   this  statement in  the  6th  grade.  One  day  I  got  in  my  first  fight  it  was  with  a  kid  named  Bobby. I  don’t  know  exactly  how  the  fight  started  I  think  it  was  because  of  some  fight or something  but  anyway  Bobby  swings  at me  and  ducked   then  I preceded to punch him the face. He didn’t go as far as I wanted so I 3 pieced him…..no biscuit. Everyone was hyped but I started to walk away all action movie hero bad-ass style when all of a sudden I hear a very exaggerated “ohhhhhh”. I turn to see Bobby trying to hit me with his shoe I uppercut him and he falls into the bushes.
  Later that day I’m with my cousin, John walking around outside still till this day  I don’t know why we were outside but I tell you this never again. So we see this girl and she starts arguing with me because of a phone number or something and some words were exchanged. I will admit that I could have been a little less harsh but while I contemplated this Me and John see two of our classmates. We start goofing around but the fun suddenly ends when we hear a lot of commotion at the top of the block. I shit you not there had to be at least 15 guys walking down the street and  then I heard someone yell “There they are!!”. I turned around and John was no where to be seen I took off running full speed I turn he corner and my cousin is at the top of the block I fall like a dumb-ass and I can’t really get up. I hear all the boys approaching me fast so I make a quick decision that I’m sure saved me a lot of pain and suffering , I did what any frightened kid would do….I hid. I rolled under the car not a second before about 30 pairs of POLO boots, Nike’s and Puma’s stream past me. I wait about 5 minutes which I then used to think about how I got myself into the situation I’m in.
   It takes 15 minutes before I they get out of earshot of me, I use  this time to think about what the right thing to do would be and what the wrong  thing to do is. I finally make my choice  and get from underneath the car. I run up the street and instead of going straight home I turn the corner, which takes me back to the block that I ran down. I ask some girls where’s John they say he went to my house just when I’m about to take off my arms are gripped super tight from behind my back. I hear a voice yell “Is this him?” says a very deep voice; a couple of seconds go by and then I hear a more feminine voice answer “Yeah”. I’m turned around so that I can see the people that pursued me it’s the girl from earlier and I’m guessing that these boy’s that she’s with are her older cousin’s. I am released and then one kid steps forward and then swings at me. Once again I shit you not the punch was so fast I could hardly see it and when I ducked underneath it I felt the air from the punch over top of my head. So naturally I was feeling like all that and a bag of chips but that feeling was quickly replaced by an agonizing pain I then felt in my gut. The one kid was standing to my left and now I was scared as fuck I started to say my prayers to god when all of a sudden some man and my classmate, Roger from earlier are breaking it up. They say come on you guys are 15 and 16 years old leave these kid alone I was co-signing “Yeah Leave This kid alone”. I then ran all the way home but my cousin wasn’t there. I went around the corner to my aunt’s house and my John is going off.I don’t have the strength to argue with him so I go to sleep but as I lay on the couch I can’t help but thinking I beat Bobby up for a stupid reason and now look what happened to me.

                                                                                                          -Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment